Juniata Mennonite School was established in 1954 by a group of Mennonite families interested in providing a Christian education for their children. The Delaware Mennonite congregation made their recently vacated church building available and the school was named Delaware Mennonite School.
Beginning in 1954 with 39 students in grades one through ten, the enrollment has varied considerably over the years. Following the organizational changes in 1980, the school has received increasing support from a wider group of parents. In 1980, a new organization formed whereby the school came under the direction of an association of patrons. The school's name was changed to Juniata Mennonite School.
On April 11, 1988, the school moved to new facilities in McAlisterville, Pennsylvania. This move has provided opportunity for an expanded enrollment and also a greatly improved learning environment. The school has recently added additional office, library, and classroom space and now has a full high school program.
Juniata Mennonite School exists to provide Christian families with a Christ-centered, biblical education for students K–12.